There might be several reasons for this. When viewing a topic, the comment fields aren’t visible so it’s not possible to respond to the topic.
Here are the reasons why you can’t reply to topics or topic’s reply section missing:
- You are not logged in. You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Your theme template doesn’t include comments. Try switching to a standard theme like Singularity theme temporarily.
- The option “Allow people to submit comments on new posts” was not enabled or checked? You can check it by navigating to your website dashboard > Settings > Discussions.
- You have incorrect roles set for viewer / poster. Go to Discussion Board > Settings > User to ensure that users have the capability to view and post.
- Some of the themes have an option to disable or enable the comment section. Make sure it is enabled.
- You have an active plugin that disables comments.